Search YouTube to find an example of a high school that uses PBL to teach high school math (Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, or Calculus). Embed the video in your blog and discuss how the school has used PBL to teach high school math.
Sammamish High School is in Washington near Seattle
- Math teachers express apprehension about changing to PBL but are working together to redesign courses.
- Trial and error is part of the process.
- PBL is not part of every math concept taught.
- Teachers and students are enthusiastic about the PBL that has been incorporated into the math curriculum.
- The school is in year 3 of 5 of a complete transition to PBL.